Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Adriano to quit???

Go down 
+2
qsp1985
treble_1999
6 posters
AuthorMessage
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)
treble_1999

Male
Number of posts : 4539
Job/hobbies : Shirt collecting, music, all sports
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Adriano to quit??? Empty
PostSubject: Adriano to quit???   Adriano to quit??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:35 pm

Inter's Adriano to take a break away from football. Unlikely to return to Italy/Inter it seems. The story is take from BBC Sport

Brazil and Inter Milan striker Adriano is to take a break from football and "rethink his career".

"I've lost the happiness of playing," he told reporters on Thursday. "I wouldn't like to go back to Italy, I want to live in peace here in Brazil."

Adriano, 27, said he could not say how long he would stay away from the game.

"I don't know if I'm going to stay for one, two or three months without playing," said the former Flamengo star. "I'm going to rethink my career."

He said his agent, Gilmar Rinaldi, would be in contact with Inter next week and said he was aware his decision could cost him financially.

"Gilmar is going to Italy to ask for some time for me and it is fair that I am given no money," he said.

Adriano, whose contract with Inter runs until June 2010, also denied media reports of possible illness or addiction problems.

I have nothing against Inter... I just did not like living in Italy, I felt pressured

Adriano
"I am not sick, alcoholic or a drug user," he said. "Everything I did was well thought out. I talked to my family, my friends and my agent, and I am doing this with my happiness in mind.

"I have nothing against Inter, I just did not like living in Italy. I felt pressured. A lot of people will not understand. It is a bad situation, not easy at all, but it is a choice."

Asked whether he could appear with a Brazilian club, Adriano said the only possibility would be Flamengo.

"If I play in Brazil, it will be for Flamengo. Otherwise, my grandmother would kill me," he joked.

Adriano failed to return to Italy after last week's World Cup qualifiers against Ecuador and Peru, in which he was an unused substitute.

On Monday, his agent said he had stayed in Brazil because of a private matter. Since then, Brazilian media has been full of speculation over what had happened to him.

The forward has struggled with fitness and alcohol problems since the 2006 World Cup, showing only flashes of the form that made him one of the world's most feared strikers.

Looks like it could be the end of Adriano in Europe's top leagues. It's shame, he obviously has problems deeper than he is admitting in public and for this I hope he takes his time to recover. On a football note sucha waste of a talent. He has everything and for some reason just never kicked on like everyone though he would at Germany 2006 where he was talked as the much anticipated replacement for Ronaldo. Since then his carear has been on the slide
Back to top Go down
qsp1985
Malaysian Jersey Collector
qsp1985

Male
Number of posts : 5721
Job/hobbies : Football, music, movies
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Adriano to quit??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adriano to quit???   Adriano to quit??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:46 pm

yeah i think its some personal problems. it usually is as he is clearly hiding something. He was a promising prospect a couple of years ago with he crazy left foot of his. But i think he got himself to blame for all the shit he has been getting as the fame got the better of him.... and he begin to become big headed having crazy lifstyles that effected his game alot. Just like the case of Ronaldinho. Personally he would never reach the level of Ronaldo. R9 is just in a class of his own. But i would agree that if he would have stayed lvl headed and if he had a right leg he would have gave ronaldo a run of his money. Tongue
Back to top Go down
berserk
berserk

Male
Number of posts : 1229
Job/hobbies : a few
Humor : acerbic
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Adriano to quit??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adriano to quit???   Adriano to quit??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:36 am

Good luck to the man. If he lost the happiness of playing why put himself through the agony? Its not like he will ever need to earn money again, unless he spends it like Mike Tyson or Micheal Jackson.

Maybe he can play for the Brazil beach soccer team instead.
Back to top Go down
edward85
edward85

Male
Number of posts : 1117
Job/hobbies : football,jersey,music,cd album.
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Adriano to quit??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adriano to quit???   Adriano to quit??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:19 pm

wat a waste then...he's a talented player...but like wat he said...when he didn't play for few months..i dun think he will want to play football again...maybe turn to be an actor???like Vinnie Jones~~~ Laughing
Back to top Go down
devil_nick87
devil_nick87

Male
Number of posts : 1129
Job/hobbies : Football, Futsal, GoKart
Humor : Malaysia to win the World Cup one day
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Adriano to quit??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adriano to quit???   Adriano to quit??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 7:23 pm

hmm... what a waste... if he's already lost the joy of playing, there is no point for him to continue to play football professionally....
Back to top Go down
faizulazlan
faizulazlan

Male
Number of posts : 580
Job/hobbies : Despatch Boy!
Humor : Injury Prone!
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Adriano to quit??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adriano to quit???   Adriano to quit??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:22 pm

should consider man city next season... Tongue
Back to top Go down
http://fsdevils.forums-free.com/
edward85
edward85

Male

Adriano to quit??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adriano to quit???   Adriano to quit??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 2:19 pm

villarreal maybe...all top flop resurrect their career after spent some time there... Smile Riquelme for example... Smile
Back to top Go down
berserk
berserk

Male
Number of posts : 1229
Job/hobbies : a few
Humor : acerbic
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Adriano to quit??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adriano to quit???   Adriano to quit??? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 2:45 pm

imagine a Rossi & Adriano front line Sweat
Back to top Go down
edward85
edward85

Male

Adriano to quit??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adriano to quit???   Adriano to quit??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:23 pm

looks like adriano won't stay at inter for so long...maybe won't last till end of this season..

"Inter prepared to rip up Adriano's contract"

Inter Milan are considering cancelling Adriano's contract after the Brazil striker announced he was taking a break from soccer, club president Massimo Moratti said on Wednesday.

Adriano, who has suffered alcohol and personal problems, said last week that he had lost the desire to play and would remain in Brazil to rethink his career.

The 27-year-old has one year left on his contract with the Serie A champions and his agent, who has said the forward could return to the club, is in Milan to talk with officials.

"Cancelling the contract may be one of the solutions," Moratti told reporters before rejecting suggestions Inter could have done more to help Adriano.

"We've done everything necessary but now the player is not guaranteeing what he is paid to do."

Media reports have linked Adriano with a move to city rivals AC Milan and Moratti said he would have no objection if Inter released him.

"We can't deny anyone their freedom," he said

then wat should he do now??? Hmm
Back to top Go down
qsp1985
qsp1985

Male
Number of posts : 5721
Job/hobbies : Football, music, movies
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Adriano to quit??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adriano to quit???   Adriano to quit??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:31 pm

he should do what he has to do to find himself again... sounds like he is lost and has alot of other things in his mind then football. i am thinking family problems. But if he were to start playing again i would say brazil will be a good start. Maybe corinthians link up and LEARN from the 1 and only Ronaldo. Tongue
Back to top Go down
edward85
edward85

Male

Adriano to quit??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adriano to quit???   Adriano to quit??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:44 pm

dat 1 different....that guy injury prone...last time at inter miss so many matches...at Milan also the same... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adriano to quit??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adriano to quit???   Adriano to quit??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adriano to quit???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Serie A-
Jump to: