Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MY PRECIOUS :)

Go down 
+90
Alexxx-A.D.I.D.A.S
Rizq24
rstp
hakka_jin
wmchen
Gazzel83
Tease
iriahkqifa
sid
emudcorleone
teong0209
mohdshahrunnawal
asder
meGATron77
stephanus_82
CAKWE
johnsongiggs
kimyong
awintz
visioz
zamarano
pongkes
parang1983
call_me_el_nino
noobie
.leo.
Edmundmah
thavaraj8
nimrod2
hotrod7
blinkz08
redyap
redc511
irwan
akkmutd0711
YNWA
Catrix
odieseven
sylus tung
Ritterbarca
oggy
WRooney
knight
redtribe
LO79
saddizdd7
treble_1999
iswandi7
koro
kewellrulez
redsuns
asprillialim
zaim
plokoon
Juventus99
adamiqbal
slacker
devil_nick87
vincek
edmund83
aBs-
loquenemy
n|c#o[L]a^s
R3Dz
nicque_panda
edward85
ningnongjin
wongkwp
qsp1985
schmeichel7
ayai
alister88
pyroboy1911
Fyrekat
ana
aizusan
amril209
stilo10
keith
chuanlw
aprilia_8080
qspn
ERIC5
sakhratul
berserk
couldplay
aw13
oscar7
acman
chcher
94 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
aprilia_8080
Malaysian Jersey Collector
aprilia_8080

Male
Number of posts : 821
Job/hobbies : Same as Micheal Scofield/Jersey,Gadjet,Car
Registration date : 2008-04-03

MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 6:02 pm

nice2...more clearer now.... Clap Respect
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/robelto
qspn
qspn

Male
Number of posts : 1118
Job/hobbies : Football
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:51 am

Yes much clearer now mate. You got your kit autograph by a Liverpool legend. Drool
Back to top Go down
chcher
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
chcher

Male
Number of posts : 2711
Job/hobbies : Football, jersey, unplugged music, keyboard, singing
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 5:20 pm

Latest hauls from R1 - yah, havent been there for the past 4 months or so since "the incident" but i guess everyone deserves a second chance Smile Kits there are ori anyway so problems la with kits.

Got the Liverpool Euro 07/08 kit (black) for RM199, and the Lyon for RM169.

MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 2519557107_b57a664c8c

MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 2519557363_427b9f35c2

Then there was the Arsenal 3rd kit L/s and XXXL from Oscar hehehe...yup super big size!

MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 2519556727_b121f79608

Will post pic of my pompey kit later (got it from kitbag - thnx to bro PK). Then got 3 more kits coming too...hehe.. seems like my project 10 is taking a backseat while i complete my liverpool kits...
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9727640@N08/collections/72157605155
aw13
Administrator
Administrator
aw13

Male
Number of posts : 2863
Job/hobbies : JC la....
Humor : Dry (almost cracking)

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 5:33 pm

Bro...out of 3 kits there, 2 non-Liverpool/non-10? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chcher
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
chcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 5:51 pm

not including my subside leh hehe....

1 liverpool and 1 "10" there haha...

the Lyon kit i had been looking for a long time...am getting the benzema 10 nns to complete it later Smile

ok the Arsenal kit was an impulse buy haha
Back to top Go down
chuanlw
chuanlw

Male
Number of posts : 334
Job/hobbies : Program Manager
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:27 pm

chcher wrote:
not including my subside leh hehe....

1 liverpool and 1 "10" there haha...

the Lyon kit i had been looking for a long time...am getting the benzema 10 nns to complete it later Smile

ok the Arsenal kit was an impulse buy haha

Wah ... all the number 10.
You have number "10" collections, aw13 has "13" collections.

For me ... of course my target still the no 8 .... My captain "Marvell" for Liverpool ... Gerrard ... Clap
Back to top Go down
chcher
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
chcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 3:20 am

Chuanlw, ya the 10's are one of my cellection theme, and also liverpool kits loh, trying to collect as many as i can.

Problem is, nowadays the 10s are not that attractive a purchase anymore. The number is not assigned to what i would traditionally call the flair player / playmaker. Look at Gallas..sigh haha...nothing agaisnt him personally, just that i gre up watching the great "fantasticas" of the serie A and the great south american 10s. Tha was the primary motivation i wanted to coolect 10s in the first place.

Anyway a new kit, thnx to PK!

MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 2525276442_7840976dc5
Back to top Go down
keith
MyKITZONE Seller (Malaysia)
MyKITZONE Seller (Malaysia)
keith

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:17 am

guys ! the pompey shirt is truly a great buy, canterburry shirt produces some pretty good quality jersey , i would hv bought it if not for the large sizes , come join the poison !!!
Back to top Go down
acman
Moderator (Indonesia)
Moderator (Indonesia)
acman

Male
Number of posts : 2193
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:37 am

pompey LS more best ! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff224/acman_soccer_jersey/
stilo10
stilo10

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Job/hobbies : Football & JSY
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 9:33 pm

exactly LS even more best....btw is the canterbury kit a tight fit cutting?
Back to top Go down
oscar7
Moderator (Indonesia)
Moderator (Indonesia)
oscar7

Male
Number of posts : 2270

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:29 pm

HA HA HA, thought u hold ur desire bro
Cannot tahan ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
amril209
amril209

Male
Number of posts : 87
Job/hobbies : Tennis , Football , Jersey Collecting

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:39 am

jersey pancut also susah nak tahan.
Back to top Go down
chcher
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
chcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:16 pm

chcher wrote:
Problem is, nowadays the 10s are not that attractive a purchase anymore. The number is not assigned to what i would traditionally call the flair player / playmaker. Look at Gallas..sigh haha...nothing agaisnt him personally, just that i gre up watching the great "fantasticas" of the serie A and the great south american 10s. Tha was the primary motivation i wanted to coolect 10s in the first place.

Sharing this article which echoes how i feel bout the current numbering system (or the lack of it)...its just me la, but i still believe there is a huge tradition and art of squad numbering Smile

Source: http://www.stretford-end.com/united-articles/the-importance-and-value-of-squad-numbers.html

The Importance and Value of Squad Numbers

Much was made of Cristiano Ronaldo being instantly handed the number 7 jersey, still warm from Beckham's back. And when Wayne Rooney "inherited" the number 10 shirt in the summer, it was deemed newsworthy, an iconic event.

In this day and age of squad numbering from numbers 1-99, does what shirt a player wears still have any effect of their mentality, and is it reasonable to suggest that it can even affect their confidence and performance?

Ultimately, and fundamentally, this is an issue of tradition. It is a big deal to wear the number 10 shirt in South America for example, and it is a big deal when a player relinquishes the shirt - Ronaldinho, for example, recently lost the Brazilian 10 jersey to Kaká despite still being at the top of his game.

Concentrating on Manchester United, and Edwards in 6, Law in 10, Charlton in 9, and of course the number 7 shirt that has been illuminating Old Trafford on the shoulders of Best, Robson, Cantona, Beckham and now Ronaldo, the number 11 jersey of Best (again) and Giggs, have all seen their names go down in history as synonymous with the number they wore. Even in these days of 1-11 being a thing of the past, the number 16 wore by Keane created a burden of expectation for Michael Carrick, likewise in the future as Scholes' 18 shirt and Solskjaer's number 20.

Numbers are not simply allocated on a matter of availability, they are allocated by assessing the suitability of a player to continue a legacy.

This is why many a United fan gave a knowing nod to one another in the summer when seeing images of the Lawman "passing the torch" to Rooney. Not just because we believe Rooney fits the bill as a blockbuster number 10 (see Hughes, too), but the fact of the matter is Rooney asked for the shirt as soon as it became available, because, as he told Inside United magazine, he loved the tradition of the shirt, both for United and in the respect that his hero, Maradona, wore it. This is a player that despite his apparent lack of discipline on the pitch, is a pretty affable chap off it, and just wants to play football. He wants the ball all the time. He plays with the desire to feel the exhiliration a 30 yard volley or a defence splitting pass can bring him in equal measure.

But this article is not just an excuse to kiss the feet of some of our current heroes. It is a geniune attempt to investigate the contrast of importance and tradition of squad numbers.

Interestingly, Cristiano asked for the number 28 shirt when he arrived. This was the number he wore at Sporting, and the most likely explanation for his request is because he felt comfortable in the number. But to what extent does that effect the mentality of a player? Why should it even matter?

One possible explanation is that a manager can assess the mentality or ability to cope with this kind of pressure by giving them a certain squad number. It is often mentioned among United fans - you know the saying - "He's a United player" - a term that, though apparently arrogant in pure isolation, has many fair connections with the "legend" of the squad number. When it was first mentioned when in reference to van Nistelrooy, it was clear he was a number 10, a surefire heir to Law's shirt. Nothing but.

But players are not always ready made. Sometimes a manager has to make a big decision, such as Ferguson did with Ronaldo. It was undoubtedly a gamble - entrusting a shirt that was traditionally worn by the teams "maverick", if you will, was immediately loading the youngster with a massive reputation to fulfill. The fact he did, and does, is a testament in equal measures to his ability and Ferguson's judgement.

Personally, when playing for any team at any level, when I was younger, I always wanted to wear the number 11. I wanted to emulate Giggs, and would feel like I was the "dribbler" of the side. More recently, as I've got older, I wear 10 or 4 sometimes, feeling like I can be somewhat of a creative lynchpin. Where I get that feeling I don't know, aside from Bergkamp or Veron, but I have never based any style of how I play football on emulating them. The point is that I can certainly state that wearing a different number can give you a different mindset. Whether that feeling is more or less intense the higher the level you're playing at, I don't know.

Further afield, just 16 months ago, I was baffled to see Khalid Boularouz paraded around Stamford Bridge in the number 9 shirt. Traditionalists must have likened it to the proverbial dancing on the then-recently departed Peter Osgood's grave. Certainly a big fat, creamy spit in the direction of his legacy. Further strange goings on in West London when the next wearer was not their talisman striker, Drogba, or even a new striker funded with lashings of roubles, but low key free transfer, reserve and central midfielder to boot, Steve Sidwell. Across London, Dennis Bergkamp's legendary number 10 shirt was not handed to Robin van Persie, or even their expensive signing, Theo Walcott, but centre half William Gallas. Why? Does it matter? Does it bother fans of those sides? I am not personally able to make such a statement. However I can only shake my head in disbelief as those two clubs, pioneers of the all foreign team, strip away another slice of tradition from their once proud heritage. The only two plausible explanations is that the heritage of the shirts and the legacy of the club mean less to those managers, or that they are attempting to create less pressure on those wearing it. But neither of those explanations are, to me at least, justifiable when you consider the sacrifice you're making - blighting the legacy of past legends.

Where I am perfectly placed to cast what I consider to be an educated opinion is on the handling of such matters at the club I support, and I can wholeheartedly say that the issue of "inheriting" of numbers is an important part of the overall feel of Manchester United. Now, I'm not saying I or United are right and that people who believe otherwise are wrong. It is entirely possible that my way of thinking is part of a "traditionalist culture" that is possibly holding England back - an inability to understand change can be a bad thing, though I would challenge that theory by saying change does not neccessarily have to be at the expense of tradition.

It's not the be all or end all. It's just, in my humble opinion, another cog in the wheel of what makes Manchester United more than just a football club.

What do others think?
Back to top Go down
chcher
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
chcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:50 pm

I am surprised no one posted latest hauls after the massive "collection" from Oscar7 yesterday haha... or most takut bini nampak so dare not post? Tongue

anyway here's mine:-

MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 2532917516_7177a76f25

MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 2532917226_d1fbb9b228

From acman Smile yo bro, arrangement on payment will be as discussed in the PM k Smile

Fyrekat / Azan82 your stuffs are with me haha
Back to top Go down
aizusan
aizusan

Male
Number of posts : 576
Job/hobbies : Collectors

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:11 pm

number.......number 10 will continue the legacy of Mokhtar in Selangor and Malaysia team Very Happy .....safee sali will continue the legacy after hardi jaafar let go no. 10 for Malaysia Smile
Back to top Go down
chcher
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
chcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 4:18 am

Slowly ocming back from Semi retirement Tongue

Project 10 on hold for the moment to give way to project complete Liverpool 95 - 08. haha of cos along the way got poisoned by other kits...

2 items received today....8 more to come....hehe......

MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 2549119548_1b57e09431

MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 2548291061_2a8172289a
Back to top Go down
oscar7
Moderator (Indonesia)
Moderator (Indonesia)
oscar7

Male

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Ha ha ha, Semi Retirement
10 coming ?
How about if u still active ? Very Happy

Nice Boca Centenary steven Clap
Back to top Go down
aw13
Administrator
Administrator
aw13

Male
Number of posts : 2863
Job/hobbies : JC la....
Humor : Dry (almost cracking)

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:32 pm

Yup nice Boca kit there, one of the better ones in recent times.
Back to top Go down
chcher
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
chcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Ya agree that the Boca kit looks and feels nice. Cheap too at 20GBP. Too bad no more NNs.

re Oscar7, this is exception, cos attempting to complete one project mah. Sommore its the beginning of the new month with new bullets hehe....but stopped liao...TBC next month Tongue

hm been getting a few LS nowadays...not really a fan though....cant wear for futsal, unlikely to wear out too...gonna be more like my sleeping clothes hmmm
Back to top Go down
stilo10
stilo10

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Job/hobbies : Football & JSY
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:48 pm

ya! the boca kit looks cool......good catch chcher! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
ana
ana

Female
Number of posts : 288

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:31 pm

yeah the boca kit is cool..i like the collar..nice 1 there steven Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chcher
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
chcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 12:29 pm

arrivals - 6 shirts in a day hehe (one is Sakhratul's la, tak buka)...now my Liverpool Reebok kits are complete except for that one orange kit.

My Liverpool kits here:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9727640@N08/sets/72157605159303283/

Anyway the recent additions were these few babies:-

Liverpool 1995 - 96 Home

MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 2586202288_c1455a1fa9

Liverpool 1996/97 Away (home for my Fowler 9 NNs!)

MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 2586194740_234b96cd7d

Liverpool 03/04 Away

MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 2585370335_1bedae23b2

06/07 3rd CL shirt

MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 2586191774_5faf31c60c

Also got distracted along the way and got this:-

Parma Player Issue Away shirt

MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 2585362863_fe9eb2b1f7

few more kits to come Smile ...then retirement mode....haha....

ok, now that Liverpool mission almost complete, time to get back to Project Super 10s Smile
Back to top Go down
berserk
berserk

Male
Number of posts : 1229
Job/hobbies : a few
Humor : acerbic
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 12:59 pm

chcher wrote:
arrivals - 6 shirts in a day hehe (one is Sakhratul's la, tak buka)...now my Liverpool Reebok kits are complete except for that one orange kit.
Liverpool 1995 - 96 Home

MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 2586202288_c1455a1fa9
Pity this didn't arrive last month when Stan the man was in KL.
Back to top Go down
chcher
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
chcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:42 pm

haha ya berserk, i had fond memories of him in the newcastle game especially, hehe...the 4-3 game was real thrill to watch!
Back to top Go down
oscar7
Moderator (Indonesia)
Moderator (Indonesia)
oscar7

Male

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 2:41 pm

SUPERB, love the parma away steven, Top Notch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY PRECIOUS :)   MY PRECIOUS :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MY PRECIOUS :)
Page 2 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next