Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009

Go down 
+28
redtribe
JuNz-V
faizulazlan
LO79
revenent7
nicque_panda
cybergear03
pyroboy1911
knight
iswandi7
chcher
treble_1999
johnsongiggs
odieseven
kewellrulez
berserk
sylus tung
redsuns
edward85
zamarano
qspn
devil_nick87
sakhratul
slyyoung
acman
qsp1985
plokoon
aw13
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
odieseven
Malaysian Jersey Collector
odieseven

Female
Number of posts : 1221
Job/hobbies : Ebay jersey watching
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:40 pm

Totally different from Becks departure....Becks had to leave but Ronaldo...he wanted to leave. Dissapointed with that fact, but happy this whole transfer saga will finally end. With that kind of money, MU could keep Tevez & buy another 2 class players. Brows
Back to top Go down
pyroboy1911
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
pyroboy1911

Male
Number of posts : 5291
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:41 pm

Well, RM is a team that chases high profile player, and Ronaldo wants to play for a high profile club. They are match made in heaven, but dun think Ronaldo will ever perform like he used to in MU. and i wouldnt be surprised if the decision to sell Ronaldo is the same as Liverpool selling Owen, a player that start brightly and dimmed early as well.

Anyway, things will be more interesting for MU fans now, since for last season MU din look into signing anyone at all, except Berbatov.
Back to top Go down
http://wtdaclub.blogspot.com
knight
Singaporean Jersey Collector
knight

Number of posts : 1529
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:06 pm

actually, i would rather look at the club's POV, where it is time to cash in on CR rather than looking at CR's POV where he wants to play for Real, i mean why move to Real? they didnt win any/much trophies, Real is with Adidas. the only thing will be the salary, which i think United might be willing to offer him.

well it is a good business for CR7 and i wish him all the best!
Back to top Go down
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)
treble_1999

Male
Number of posts : 4539
Job/hobbies : Shirt collecting, music, all sports
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:16 pm

NO Man U can deny that we will be poorer for the loss of him, at least in the short term anyway. To let the worlds best player leave is never good business and I really do not see who can replace him as Kaka has gone to RM as well. Ribery for 50-60 million...? Forget it. Decent player but nothing more.

A sad day for Man U. Can't help but feel let down by his actions as he proclaimed most of last season he wanted to stay and then you find out it is actually him saying he wants to go again. Just stringing the fans along Mad
Back to top Go down
acman
Moderator (Indonesia)
Moderator (Indonesia)
acman

Male
Number of posts : 2193
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:41 pm

iswandi7 wrote:
somehow, i am more relieve at Ronaldo leaving United. He is just playing for himself lately. Rooney can now be at his best with CRon out. At United, they must remember that no one is bigger than United itself...Bring on Ribery, Benzema and Huntelaar...!!!

wah 2 more strikers ? where to put Rooney & Berbatov then ? Very Happy

i think either Benzema or Huntelaar will do.. plus another winger (who can scores goal or lots of assist), Ribery already said he doesn't want to move to England.. unless Evra can convince him.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff224/acman_soccer_jersey/

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:05 pm

Its a sad day to be honest, our best player will leave....last night still dreaming of he is coming to our country in this coming July, planning to get his signature on the shirt....haha

Anyway, anyone leaving Man Utd is a step down...

Wishing Ronnie all the best but not against Man Utd....thanks for all the sweet memory in these 6 years time, i still remember his first game against Bolton and now he is one of the best footballer in the world....

Goodbye Ronnie, VIva Man Utd, no player's is bigger than a club
Laughing
Back to top Go down
iswandi7
iswandi7

Male
Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 12:03 am

hahaa...Acman, i think so too. Benzema and Huntelaar(my fav) is already enough. Ribery is quite unproven for me i think. Winger, maybe Valencia from Wigan. Quite a player for a decent price.

Ronnie is a player who can really turn the game for his team on his own, while other best player like Messi needs his teamates to match his tune in order to perform. Indeed we will miss his play, but too bad he chose to part with United and there is nothing much we could have done. But i really think, if we had won the UCL, then he might just have stayed on. The lifestyle of the Spanish people is really what tempt him the most, not Real Madrid itself.

United would have real problems breaking the bank for Ronnie. At 200K a week is just too much too balance the book at a club like United. Real on the other hand, always seems to find a way out searching for available cash lying somewhere. Read last time that the town council had to sell their training ground for those bucks.
Back to top Go down
qsp1985
qsp1985

Male
Number of posts : 5721
Job/hobbies : Football, music, movies
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 12:31 am

benzema can play at the left.... huntelaar is also unproven but at least ribery has preety much made a name for himself. But i still hope man utd can get VDV and Huntelaar from RM. ROnaldo for 80m.... just sell him he is a great player but then i am sure man utd can do without him.
Back to top Go down
sylus tung
sylus tung

Male
Number of posts : 799
Humor : Wry
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:25 am

Money laundering? Mafia money? Embezzlement? Twisted Evil

knight wrote:
where did Real get all those money?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/theMerseyside
devil_nick87
devil_nick87

Male
Number of posts : 1129
Job/hobbies : Football, Futsal, GoKart
Humor : Malaysia to win the World Cup one day
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:08 am

i think united should focus on bringing a winger, apart from ribery, i think david silva could be tempted away from valencia... with great money of course
Back to top Go down
kewellrulez
kewellrulez

Male
Number of posts : 2147
Job/hobbies : soccer, futsal
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:17 am

I could not believe with my own eyes that RONALDO has actually signed for RM!!! Shocked i tot they would rather go for cheaper option for Villa. This is IMPOSSIBLE!!! how come RM aint having financial crisis? mayb after this?

p.s. correction made. . RM are signing Villa as well.. Shakehead
Back to top Go down
qsp1985
qsp1985

Male

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:21 am

wow i sure hope that VIlla dosent end up in RM. I guess this season's performance has really put pressure on RM to make some world class signing. Especially after losing to barca so terribly.
Back to top Go down
kewellrulez
kewellrulez

Male

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:26 am

report from soccernet about the financial meltdown

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=653653&sec=europe&root=europe&cc=3888

i guess RONALDO's sale might profit the financial status of MU, even for KAKA to save ac milan , and valencia as well. many teams would follow in order to save the club. therefore, beneficial one's would be those who had cash on hand like RM. gosh, KAKA, RONALDO, VILLA perhaps? the biggest signings of all. who else they cant get? REAL MADRID = REAL MONEY Dry
Back to top Go down
knight
knight

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:15 am

save the economic crisis, Real!!!

and Pool, beat them 4-0 again!!!

sylus tung wrote:
Money laundering? Mafia money? Embezzlement? Twisted Evil

knight wrote:
where did Real get all those money?
Back to top Go down
sylus tung
sylus tung

Male
Number of posts : 799
Humor : Wry
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 12:33 pm

From a business standpoint, I think Manchester United have done well.

An excellent and shrewd business acumen no doubt.

GBP 12.5 million initial investment = GBP 18 million in today's terms (due to slight weakening of the Sterling in the past year).

Profit in real-terms less admin fees is approximate GBP 57 million? That works out to be around 316% Return on Investment (ROI). Fantastic if you tell me. Better than stocks and bonds any day!

And that would seriously put a dent in the debt financing the Glazers are currently facing.

Sorry, professional hazard, am really into the number$. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/theMerseyside
odieseven
odieseven

Female

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Yeah...If including the shirt sales, number of cups won, it would be a major profit! But buying youth players are a big risk though. Sometimes they come out good but sometimes they zip out of the radar.
Back to top Go down
cybergear03
cybergear03

Male
Number of posts : 186
Job/hobbies : Academician
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 12:44 pm

it's good for Ronaldo to finally leave. He has contributed much to the team but lately he created a lot of unsettle feeling in the team. Plus, 80mil pounds is good money!
Back to top Go down
pyroboy1911
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
pyroboy1911

Male
Number of posts : 5291
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 12:45 pm

sylus tung wrote:
From a business standpoint, I think Manchester United have done well.

An excellent and shrewd business acumen no doubt.

GBP 12.5 million initial investment = GBP 18 million in today's terms (due to slight weakening of the Sterling in the past year).

Profit in real-terms less admin fees is approximate GBP 57 million? That works out to be around 316% Return on Investment (ROI). Fantastic if you tell me. Better than stocks and bonds any day!

And that would seriously put a dent in the debt financing the Glazers are currently facing.

Sorry, professional hazard, am really into the number$. Laughing

actually, i would like to think the initial 12m is already being paid off, considering the many trophies that the value add up together, would be more than to pay for his transfer fee + salary. so GBP80 million nett income? i might even suggest the profit we gain from him over the past 6 years are more than that! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://wtdaclub.blogspot.com
kewellrulez
kewellrulez

Male

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:03 pm

£557,000-a-week for RONALDO?! Shocked .

im speechless ...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=654318&sec=transfers&cc=3436
Back to top Go down
nicque_panda
nicque_panda

Male
Number of posts : 1248
Job/hobbies : JC of coz....
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:11 pm

now CR can leave for RM....and he just "banged" Paris Hilton too. celebration package for him? Laughing
Back to top Go down
knight
knight

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:28 pm

kewellrulez wrote:
£557,000-a-week for RONALDO?! Shocked .

im speechless ...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=654318&sec=transfers&cc=3436

lets see, Ronny, spare me 5 million please? it is sufficent for me for the rest of my life, but might not if i were to keep up the jersey collecting hobby. Tongue
Back to top Go down
qsp1985
qsp1985

Male

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:53 am

yeah paris Hilton has been eyeing Ronaldo since he turn her down a year ago.. I think SAF wants to build the team around Rooney for the future as he knows ronaldo wont be around for long but rooney will.
Back to top Go down
revenent7
revenent7

Male
Number of posts : 261
Job/hobbies : watching & reading about football, especially M.U
Humor : once a red, alwayz a red :)
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:12 am

this transfer is almost certain 2 b confirmed?

MADRID (AFP) – Valencia striker David Villa, one of the stars of Spain's victorious Euro 2008 squad, has signed for Real Madrid for close to 40 million euros, a Spanish newspaper said Saturday.

Marca, citing sources at Real Madrid and Valencia, said both clubs were hammering out the fine details of the deal before officially announcing the transfer.

If confirmed, Villa would become the third big name to join the club under new president Florentino Perez, after Brazilian playmaker Kaka and Portuguese winger Ronaldo from AC Milan and Manchester United respectively.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090613/sp_soccer_afp/fblesprealmadridvalenciavilla
Back to top Go down
qsp1985
qsp1985

Male

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 8:41 am

Wonderful Madrid LOL sign all of the superstars. Guess tjereaint much left for man city LOL
Back to top Go down
odieseven
odieseven

Female

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:04 am

Dang it...Villa, Kaka, Ronaldo...all my favourite players have gone to one team. Dizzy

Wont make me jump ship though...made me hate RM a bit.If RM continues to have this kind of money, other teams work their socks off with their academy, only to have them bought by RM sometime in the future. Sweat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009   Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transfers (confirmed) summer 2009
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next