Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Neverending Journey....

Go down 
+72
redyap
kimyong
nickvanhakim
oggy
zamarano
Ritterbarca
akkmutd0711
pongkes
WRooney
amril209
Mikeyb1987
LO79
knight
se7en
fio88
keanzteoh
vincek
roc_property
keith
johnsongiggs
koro
emudcorleone
saddizdd7
redsuns
bombyxmori
wheehs
treble_1999
odieseven
redtribe
berserk
Juventus99
sylus tung
couldplay
devil_nick87
ayai
chcher
subpar
ningnongjin
iswandi7
qontok-qontok
slyyoung
stilo10
sakhratul
kewellrulez
plokoon
great_uq
JuNz-V
loquenemy
cantona
edward85
qsp1985
aizusan
acman
qspn
slacker
unknown
n|c#o[L]a^s
nicque_panda
alister88
azan82
wongkwp
ryanso85
aw13
ana
aprilia_8080
aBs-
zephyr
imrock
edmund83
oscar7
schmeichel7
pyroboy1911
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
pyroboy1911
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
pyroboy1911

Male
Number of posts : 5291
Registration date : 2008-06-04

My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 5:47 am

thanks Stilo!

Mikey, mine's size L. i cant have a clear view of the goalie kit, i do it based on the player's numbers. the numbers are positioned as if there's name applied on top of it.
Back to top Go down
http://wtdaclub.blogspot.com
devil_nick87
Malaysian Jersey Collector
devil_nick87

Male
Number of posts : 1129
Job/hobbies : Football, Futsal, GoKart
Humor : Malaysia to win the World Cup one day
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 6:24 am

bro, the holland bergkamp shirt, it is a repro? where do u bought it?
Back to top Go down
Mikeyb1987
British Jersey Collector
British Jersey Collector

Male
Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:19 am

Another thing with that shirt, can you remember when it was used? I remember there was 4 GK kits that season, Green, Blue, your Grey one and Black, with white stripe on the back as opposed to the red on the away shirt, but I only remember the players wearing the Green and Blue ones in matches, although there were lots of examples in the Megastore of yours left at the end of the season. I went for the blue one though when I got mine.
Back to top Go down
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)
treble_1999

Male
Number of posts : 4539
Job/hobbies : Shirt collecting, music, all sports
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:23 pm

Mikeyb1987 wrote:
Another thing with that shirt, can you remember when it was used? I remember there was 4 GK kits that season, Green, Blue, your Grey one and Black, with white stripe on the back as opposed to the red on the away shirt, but I only remember the players wearing the Green and Blue ones in matches, although there were lots of examples in the Megastore of yours left at the end of the season. I went for the blue one though when I got mine.

The grey was only used by the reserve and youth teams but the black shirt was worn at Blackburn and Birmingham I think
Back to top Go down
Mikeyb1987
British Jersey Collector
British Jersey Collector

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 8:26 pm

Makes sense now, Blackburn and Birmingham's Umbro home GK kits being green and our alternative being blue. Seems unusual though that they mass produced a replica of a kit only used by the reserves, unless they had intended to use it with the first team at some point. Maybe as a back up kit should we draw Inter in the CL?
Back to top Go down
knight
Singaporean Jersey Collector
knight

Number of posts : 1529
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:07 pm

Mikeyb1987 wrote:
Makes sense now, Blackburn and Birmingham's Umbro home GK kits being green and our alternative being blue. Seems unusual though that they mass produced a replica of a kit only used by the reserves, unless they had intended to use it with the first team at some point. Maybe as a back up kit should we draw Inter in the CL?

We will have used the Green GK kit against Inter. Unless the Inter GK is using green(cant remember)
Back to top Go down
Mikeyb1987
British Jersey Collector
British Jersey Collector

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:18 pm

Inter's one would most likely be green, as their kits are supplied by Nike who tend to use a green shirt - even my brother's junior team who have Nike kits have the green GK shirts, they are the 06/07 one's that are halved with very slightly different shades.
Back to top Go down
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)
treble_1999

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 8:41 am

Mikeyb1987 wrote:
Inter's one would most likely be green, as their kits are supplied by Nike who tend to use a green shirt - even my brother's junior team who have Nike kits have the green GK shirts, they are the 06/07 one's that are halved with very slightly different shades.

Inter keeper shirts are never usually green. The most common colours are grey, black and yellow and in the last few season cannot remember Nike producuing a green GK shirt for Inter. Are you sure the grey GK shirts sold were not the player issued ones sold in the Nike outlet stores as even the kids ones were player issued style?
Back to top Go down
kewellrulez
kewellrulez

Male
Number of posts : 2147
Job/hobbies : soccer, futsal
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:54 pm

nice rare shirts uve got there. i can imagine your room gonna be transformed into a small museum gallery Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pyroboy1911
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
pyroboy1911

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:00 pm

devil_nick87 wrote:
bro, the holland bergkamp shirt, it is a repro? where do u bought it?

sorry bro for the very very late reply. i'm now in Sydney, so no internet access.

To answer ur question, no. i got it off ebay some time ago, and it's quite worn off. Dun think they even have a repro for this one?

Thanks kewellrulez!
Back to top Go down
Mikeyb1987
British Jersey Collector
British Jersey Collector

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:56 pm

treble_1999 wrote:
Mikeyb1987 wrote:

Inter keeper shirts are never usually green. The most common colours are grey, black and yellow and in the last few season cannot remember Nike producuing a green GK shirt for Inter. Are you sure the grey GK shirts sold were not the player issued ones sold in the Nike outlet stores as even the kids ones were player issued style?

Unsure about the player issue thing mate, all I remember was that they had s**tloads of grey and blue GK shirts at the end of last season on sale, I went for the blue one with Van Der Sar and FAPL Patches. Cost me £45 in total, 25 for the shirt, 14 for N&N and 6 for the Patches. Cheap considering I'd spent close to £60 the week after on my white away shirt.
Back to top Go down
pyroboy1911
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
pyroboy1911

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:42 am

Some updates after a week of travelling:

1. Bolton 0809 LS, DAVIES 14 - 16.99 from Subside, so i said to myself "aah, what the heck"

My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 P7231310 My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 P7231311

But i can't seem to remember Davies wearing LS...oh well Tongue

Up next, a couple of Holland shirts to add into my Oranje collection. 1998-2000 with KLUIVERT 9 (my one and only non number 10 Holland shirts) and 2000-2002BERGKAMP 10 shirt:

My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 P7231312 My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 P7231313

My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 P7231314 My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 P7231315

Then add name and number plus badge onto my new MU home shirt:

My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 P7231316 My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 P7231317
Back to top Go down
knight
knight

Number of posts : 1529
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:53 am

Holland kit BNWT Drool

My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Prd_maxzoom_mufc-60442

IMO, your printing looks abit lower then the picture. Just pointing it out.
Back to top Go down
pyroboy1911
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
pyroboy1911

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:00 am

yeah it does seem lower...but then again, Kitbag images are photoshops, so cant reli compare. need to see the real picture only can reli know where to position it, so tried my best from gettyimages Smile
Back to top Go down
amril209
amril209

Male
Number of posts : 87
Job/hobbies : Tennis , Football , Jersey Collecting
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:08 am

it also depends on the size of the shirt. the one in the picture from store.manutd.com is bigger than M. i guess pyroboy's United shirt size is S or M, that's y the printing looks lower Smile
Back to top Go down
edward85
edward85

Male
Number of posts : 1117
Job/hobbies : football,jersey,music,cd album.
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:40 am

those holland kit include the Patches and NNs when u purchase it???or u bought it separately???nice retro kit !!!!
Back to top Go down
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)
treble_1999

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:44 am

You get the Bolton shirt with printing for 16.99 GBP or without printing?
Back to top Go down
qsp1985
qsp1985

Male
Number of posts : 5721
Job/hobbies : Football, music, movies
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:56 am

very nice kits bro .. the holland kit is mouthwatering
Back to top Go down
pyroboy1911
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
pyroboy1911

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:06 am

amril209 wrote:
it also depends on the size of the shirt. the one in the picture from store.manutd.com is bigger than M. i guess pyroboy's United shirt size is S or M, that's y the printing looks lower Smile

yea, mine is size M.

edward85 wrote:
those holland kit include the Patches and NNs when u purchase it???or u bought it separately???nice retro kit !!!!

from ebay from a same seller Smile

treble_1999 wrote:
You get the Bolton shirt with printing for 16.99 GBP or without printing?

without, haha...standard price for namesets and badge, so i only mention the shirt itself Tongue

qsp1985 wrote:
very nice kits bro .. the holland kit is mouthwatering

thanks! juz looking to complete holland kits Smile
Back to top Go down
slacker
slacker

Male
Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:46 am

The Holland kits are sweet..what sizes are those? The sleeves look un-proportionately long. I do remember those retro kits have super big sleeves esp on kits made by Nike (ie Holland, Brazil, Barcelona)
Back to top Go down
http://saraslacker.blogspot.com/
kewellrulez
kewellrulez

Male
Number of posts : 2147
Job/hobbies : soccer, futsal
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:34 pm

envy the rare kits u have man. too bad im kinda narrow down my collection if not my room would be stuffed with all jerseys. and i can imagine how am i gona bring the jerseys back to msia! haha. keep it up!! love to see the retro kits and the patches. even the country logo prints beneath the country crest u bought seperately?
Back to top Go down
qsp1985
qsp1985

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 6:38 am

haha i understand your concern... when i had to bring it all back i needed help from 4-5 ppl to help me take back 4kg box each... thank god i manage it.. if not you have to courier which i am scared of tax and mishandling of the jerseys
Back to top Go down
pyroboy1911
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
pyroboy1911

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:10 am

A couple more updates. Chris came over for football and he brought my 2 PI kits from County_murchman. so i apply them with respective NNS juz now:

My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 P7270811 My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 P7270810

My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 P7270815 My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 P7270816

Last but not least, Adelaide United 09-10 new home kit, team signed!

My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 P7270812

A closer look at the signature. Honestly, i have no idea who is who, coz they looked pretty much alike, and seldom watch A-league matches (and i still call myself Adelaide United supporter Doh ) but i managed to pair the signature with squad number from the signature itself, and found their names:

My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 P7270817

Here's a brief story about how i got it signed, and how it happened to be a mini gathering by chance:

It's friday afternoon, and my friend and I were to go to Rundle Mall, where the main shopping area of Adelaide is located. We were supposed to buy a cake for another friend's birthday dinner later that night. I arrived earlier, and decided to go to Rebel Sports to look at some jerseys. There i spotted the new Adelaide united shirt beig sold for AUD130. So i thought maybe i should try ebay, maybe can get cheaper.

Then when my friend and i walk further into the street, we saw a booth with Adelaide united logos and merchandise around it. Then i saw a few people in trainers and jumpers sitting down, and getting ready to sign stuff.

My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Dscn5110

Then i realize, it'sthe players signing session! So I quickly go to Rebel Sports again to get the Adelaide United kit! On the way there, Chris called me and instantly i knew he was about to tell me about the event! So i bought my shirt, go down and meet up with Chris. Then we start queuing up for autographs:

My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Dscn5111

My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Dscn5112 My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Dscn5113

Then Captain Travis Dodd and Manager Aurelio Vidmar is outside mingling with fans, we managed to get them sign our stuffs and also some pictures:

My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Dscn5114 My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Dscn5116 My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Dscn5115

That's all about the unexpected but nice surprise for both of us. Now we're more enthusiastic about the team's chance of winning the A-League!
Back to top Go down
qsp1985
qsp1985

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:23 am

great stuff... even though its no superstar team but its still great!!
Back to top Go down
edward85
edward85

Male
Number of posts : 1117
Job/hobbies : football,jersey,music,cd album.
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:32 am

amazing stuff...manage to get the player's signature and the manager as well !!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Neverending Journey....   My Neverending Journey.... - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Neverending Journey....
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next