Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum

Go down 
+83
clocky15
brad147690
Nistelrooy
Djuom
AnggiSriwijaya
hotrod77
Akmal29
united788
damnself
dipaa
Alexxx-A.D.I.D.A.S
Fowler
Al
ghoster
Mikeyb1987
Bliss&Ecstasy
OneUnited
kreez
ditt
Tease
Gazzel83
edmund83
nineteeneighty.seven
Shakey252
teckhooi
shah1312
hakka_jin
teong0209
meGATron77
KenTheMan
call_me_el_nino
njhh
noobie
redsuns
nimrod2
kimyong
pika_joe
visioz
Faiz_bdez Fafara
laputa1
Edmundmah
redyap
oggy
zamarano
vincek
YNWA
sco_chan
WRooney
Ritterbarca
aw13
joke_her
knight
berserk
retro red devil
redtribe
kewellrulez
qsp1985
revenent7
zaim
LO79
treble_1999
great_uq
qontok-qontok
iswandi7
johnsongiggs
acman
stilo10
pyroboy1911
asprillialim
sylus tung
Fyrekat
chcher
oscar7
aprilia_8080
ERIC5
nicque_panda
qspn
schmeichel7
edward85
sakhratul
adamiqbal
alister88
curator
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
curator
Jersey Expert (Hong Kong)
curator

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:37 pm

aw13 wrote:
this looks only possible if you have some sort of direct links with the official lfc store, am i correct?

Bingo. Clap

We launch our order by phoning up the clubstore manager directly, instead of ad-hoc filing in online order-baskets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.LiverpoolKits.com
edward85
Malaysian Jersey Collector
edward85

Male
Number of posts : 1117
Job/hobbies : football,jersey,music,cd album.
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:48 am

must b very expensive then.. Sweat no discount????
Back to top Go down
curator
curator

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:55 am

Is postage spreadover among our fans regarded as sort of discount?
Back to top Go down
berserk
berserk

Male
Number of posts : 1229
Job/hobbies : a few
Humor : acerbic
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 7:04 pm

aw13 wrote:
this looks only possible if you have some sort of direct links with the official lfc store, am i correct?
Our equivalent would be a bulk buy organised by the supporter's club, if they did such a thing.
Back to top Go down
qspn
qspn

Male
Number of posts : 1118
Job/hobbies : Football
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:23 pm

berserk wrote:
aw13 wrote:
Our equivalent would be a bulk buy organised by the supporter's club, if they did such a thing.

It would be equivalent to LSCM but we still need to sign membership 1st. Not sure they will pre order the kit.
Back to top Go down
curator
curator

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:38 pm

Here's an official liverpoolkits.com style photo for my new shirt.

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 LFC09T

I am still awaiting for the printing of #4 Aquilani on it, instead of hastily ironing the likes of #8, #9, #15, #20, #23 on it.

Last edited by curator on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
qspn
qspn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:19 pm

Can't wait to see Aquilani 4 on your kit. I think might get another phantom kit along with Aquilani NNs on it. I wonder whether alphabet Q would be available locally here as it is rare in the player's name
Back to top Go down
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)
treble_1999

Male
Number of posts : 4539
Job/hobbies : Shirt collecting, music, all sports
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 6:56 am

Yeah, already tried to order Aquilani NNs on a LS 3rd shirt but although it is available in the options bar an error appears when you try to confirm order.
Back to top Go down
Ritterbarca
German Jersey Collector
German Jersey Collector

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 7:35 pm

curator wrote:

I am still awaiting for the printing of #4 Aquilani on it, instead of hastily ironing the likes of #8, #9, #15, #20, #23 on it.

nice....

Have you got only Liverpool FC shirts? And one more: you could be proud of your collection.
Back to top Go down
sylus tung
Singaporean Jersey Collector
sylus tung

Male
Number of posts : 799
Humor : Wry
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:01 am

Looks like the Hillsborough reproduction has hit the market?

There is a HK seller on eBay at the moment for item # 230370682739

It looks good but I don't know if I would pay 85 quid for it.

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 09liverpool_Dalglish1Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 09liverpool_Dalglish2

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 09liverpool_Dalglish3
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 09liverpool_Dalglish5
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/theMerseyside
curator
curator

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:09 am

sylus tung wrote:
Looks like the Hillsborough reproduction has hit the market?

There is a HK seller on eBay at the moment for item # 230370682739

It looks good but I don't know if I would pay 85 quid for it.

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 09liverpool_Dalglish1Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 09liverpool_Dalglish2

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 09liverpool_Dalglish3
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 09liverpool_Dalglish5

Sylus, I have mentioned about this fake here (page 18 & 19):
http://my-fjc.friendhood.net/football-jersey-general-discussion-questions-and-answers-f4/is-this-genuine-jersey-or-just-another-fake-jersey-seller-t620-270.htm

In fact this Adidas template fake originate from this cloning shop in Hong Kong: www.teamstation.net

The retail price is just HK$499 (GBP38.99) which the ebay seller now inflates the price more than a double.
Back to top Go down
kewellrulez
kewellrulez

Male
Number of posts : 2147
Job/hobbies : soccer, futsal
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:15 am

curator wrote:

sorry to ask agn, when u purchase from store, dint u ask to apply on the shirt? as far as i know, the NNs available i assume is gona be torres and gerrard agn available in the market ?
Back to top Go down
sylus tung
sylus tung

Male
Number of posts : 799
Humor : Wry
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:39 pm

My bad. Must have missed it on the other thread. Terrible price to be honest for a badged up fake.

curator wrote:

Sylus, I have mentioned about this fake here (page 18 & 19):
http://my-fjc.friendhood.net/football-jersey-general-discussion-questions-and-answers-f4/is-this-genuine-jersey-or-just-another-fake-jersey-seller-t620-270.htm

In fact this Adidas template fake originate from this cloning shop in Hong Kong: www.teamstation.net

The retail price is just HK$499 (GBP38.99) which the ebay seller now inflates the price more than a double.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/theMerseyside
curator
curator

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:28 pm

kewellrulez wrote:
curator wrote:

sorry to ask agn, when u purchase from store, dint u ask to apply on the shirt? as far as i know, the NNs available i assume is gona be torres and gerrard agn available in the market ?

The first few available choices of CL red n/n were: Torres, Gerrard, Benayoun, Mascherano, Carragher.

IWe ordered the shirts from online stores with the BOH5 and starball patches ironed only. We don't need n/n from the club. We can source them later on with more choices of players.
Back to top Go down
curator
curator

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:36 am

Today I manage to iron CL number on my new shirt.

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 LFC09T-a

The following numbers / players are available from Moral Soccer:

2, 4, 8, 9, 12, 15, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 34
Back to top Go down
edward85
edward85

Male
Number of posts : 1117
Job/hobbies : football,jersey,music,cd album.
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:38 am

wow...get the AQUILANI NNs for the liverpool kit....nice kit... Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
qsp1985
qsp1985

Male
Number of posts : 5721
Job/hobbies : Football, music, movies
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:01 am

nice stuff... waiting to see him in action for pool
Back to top Go down
qspn
qspn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:29 pm

Great stuff Michael. Clap Hope he would turn out to be a great player for the club
Back to top Go down
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)
treble_1999

Male
Number of posts : 4539
Job/hobbies : Shirt collecting, music, all sports
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:36 am

Looks good with the NNs. I assume they will use red EPL type for the league games as well?
Back to top Go down
kewellrulez
kewellrulez

Male
Number of posts : 2147
Job/hobbies : soccer, futsal
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:10 am

you beauty!!! btw for the length of the sleeve, would it be very long? as far as i know, compared to the sleeve length of season 07/08 the white away or the black euro, sleeve works fine for me, however last season grey replica seems to be longer and i wonder this season black away and euro white the sleeve length is it the same with season 08/09?
Back to top Go down
WRooney
WRooney

Male
Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 5:48 pm

colour combination of d jersey and d NNs looks sweet...
Back to top Go down
sco_chan
Indonesian Jersey Collector
Indonesian Jersey Collector
sco_chan

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:28 pm

wew.. number 4 Aquilani is looking so great.. the font (with hole) greattt
Back to top Go down
YNWA
YNWA

Male
Number of posts : 102
Job/hobbies : Liverpool FC
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:50 pm

i really love your collection! causing me to have the urge to buy even more! Respect
Back to top Go down
curator
curator

PostSubject: Milestone Addition - Liverpool 1988/89 Third White Candy Player Shirt   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:01 pm

This might be the most important and milestone addition to my Museum, since I collected Liverpool replicas / match worn shirts in 1995. First, let me guide you all to read through this post in the following manner.

Basic Liverpool Jersey Evolution Lesson

In the 1980s, Liverpool's shirts were mainly sponsored by two companies, namely Crownpaints and Italian electrical appliances brand "Candy". For the shirt style itself, the kit usually changes every two seasons. Stepping in the 1987/88 and 1988/89 seasons, there is an interesting match of shirt sponsorship and kit design.

The 1987/88 season was the last year of Crownpaints sponsorship, it also matched with the launch of two new kits then - red home jersey and grey away jersey:
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 LFC87HP
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 LFC87AP

In the 1988/89 season, the design of the two shirts did not change. The only change was made to the front side sponsorship - with Candy replacing Crownpaints:
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 LFC88HP
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 LFC88AP

After grasping a basic background of Liverpool kits in the 1987/88 and 1988/89 season, now let's move on to see WHY a 1988/89 Third shirt comes up. confused

Launch of the Third White Candy Shirt

The launch of the Liverpool third shirt is 1988/89 is not a coincidence or pre-planned. We seldom use a third kit then in our history. The sole driving force for launching the third kit is in fact due to the Aston Villa home shirt from 1987/89, as manufactured by Hummel:

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Aston-villa-home-shirt-1987-to-1989-s_4245_1Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Aston-villa-home-shirt-1987-to-1989-s_4245_2

As shown above, the main colours of this kit are red / stripped-grey halves. Think of the situation when Liverpool played at Villa Park. Can we wear our red home shirt? Answer is NO. Can we wear our grey away shirt? Answer is also NO!

Under such circumstances, Liverpool inevitably needed to have a kit which won't clash the home strip of Aston Villa. Hence in the Division One League match played at Villa Park on 10 September 1988, Liverpool unprecedently wore a one-off third white kit:
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 LFC88TPC

(Match details: http://www.lfchistory.net/viewgame.asp?game_id=1644)
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 198889VILLA-LFC
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 LFC88TP

My number 12 shirt here is a match supplied spare shirt of Peter Beardsley. He played as a bench substitute and came up to the pitch replacing John Barnes. Owing to the fact that most players (apart from Craig Johnston) then wore short sleeved match shirts, my long sleeved one here is regarded as a match spare shirt, but this won't affect the rarity of this shirt.

If you guys have a crystal-clear mind, you may immediately raise the following query:
As you said this troublesome Aston Villa home shirt was worn in both 1987/88 and 1988/89 seasons, so it should have a colour clash problems in BOTH seasons! There is a third white shirt in 1988/89, and there should also be third white shirt in 1987/88 too?

The above guess is only HALF correct. In 1987/88 there was a WHITE shirt worn against Aston Villa at Villa Park too. But it is not a brand new THIRD shirt launched for this purpose. In fact, Liverpool dropped out both the home red and grey away kits from 1987/88 and wore a 1985/87 white away kit (a supposed to be retired one):

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 LFC85AP
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 198788VILLA-LFC-a
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 198788VILLA-LFC-b
The above photo shows the match action from the F.A. Cup Fourth Round tie between Aston Villa and Liverpool, played at the Villa Park on 31 January 1988
(Match details: http://www.lfchistory.net/viewgame.asp?game_id=1619)

Under the Crownpaints era, we could still pick back an older and retired white shirt for Villa's match colour-clash use. But the season 1988/89 started fresh under the Candy era, and Liverpool had no preceding Candy change kits to use on 10 September 1988. Hence we have the one-off and unprecedently third "white Candy" shirt. Clap

It is expected that there are no more than 20-30 such third white Candy shirts in circulation / existence. (Assuming squad numbers ran from #2- #11 for the starting line-up, #12 - #16 for the substitute, and each player is allocated with ONE long sleeved spare and ONE short sleeved then). Moreover, in the Division One Football League then, only two substitute are named on the bench, and they were allocated with #12 and #14, prima facie there should be no one wearing #13, #15, #16.

As covered in the curator's interview in LFC Official Magazine Issue 252 in 2007, this 1988/89 Liverpool third white Candy shirt is the last missing piece to my big puzzle of Liverpool match shirts from 1970s till now:

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 LFCmag252-c

With the acquisition, I should have basically completed my collections and need not to chase for shirts retrospectively. Wub

Last edited by curator on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pyroboy1911
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
pyroboy1911

Male
Number of posts : 5291
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:08 pm

glad that u have found the missing piece to complete your puzzle Michael. Must be very satisfactory! Clap
Back to top Go down
http://wtdaclub.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum
Page 8 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next