Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum

Go down 
+83
clocky15
brad147690
Nistelrooy
Djuom
AnggiSriwijaya
hotrod77
Akmal29
united788
damnself
dipaa
Alexxx-A.D.I.D.A.S
Fowler
Al
ghoster
Mikeyb1987
Bliss&Ecstasy
OneUnited
kreez
ditt
Tease
Gazzel83
edmund83
nineteeneighty.seven
Shakey252
teckhooi
shah1312
hakka_jin
teong0209
meGATron77
KenTheMan
call_me_el_nino
njhh
noobie
redsuns
nimrod2
kimyong
pika_joe
visioz
Faiz_bdez Fafara
laputa1
Edmundmah
redyap
oggy
zamarano
vincek
YNWA
sco_chan
WRooney
Ritterbarca
aw13
joke_her
knight
berserk
retro red devil
redtribe
kewellrulez
qsp1985
revenent7
zaim
LO79
treble_1999
great_uq
qontok-qontok
iswandi7
johnsongiggs
acman
stilo10
pyroboy1911
asprillialim
sylus tung
Fyrekat
chcher
oscar7
aprilia_8080
ERIC5
nicque_panda
qspn
schmeichel7
edward85
sakhratul
adamiqbal
alister88
curator
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)
treble_1999

Male
Number of posts : 4539
Job/hobbies : Shirt collecting, music, all sports
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 1:46 am

Nice additions, don't think the EPL font will change as they would already have the new font available for new kit launches
Back to top Go down
OneUnited
Croatian Jersey Collector
Croatian Jersey Collector
OneUnited

Male
Number of posts : 592
Job/hobbies : journalism student
Registration date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:43 am

nice additions mate!

I see that Liverpool techfit shirts dont have that X one the back ha?
Back to top Go down
http://dresovi.blogspot.com/
Gazzel83
Irish Jersey Collector
Irish Jersey Collector
Gazzel83

Male
Number of posts : 1034
Job/hobbies : Manchester United, Gaelic Games, Playing Football, Watching Football, Travelling, Collecting Shirts...
Humor : Ah derka derka derka....
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:35 am

Nice, actually quite like the shirt when I seen it today...is the Techfit version commercially available?

According to Mike@wiggy the fonts are staying the same for next year so should be no probs...
Back to top Go down
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)
treble_1999

Male
Number of posts : 4539
Job/hobbies : Shirt collecting, music, all sports
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Gazzel83 wrote:
Nice, actually quite like the shirt when I seen it today...is the Techfit version commercially available?

According to Mike@wiggy the fonts are staying the same for next year so should be no probs...

Was available from Kitbag but sold out already mate
Back to top Go down
curator
Jersey Expert (Hong Kong)
curator

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 6:30 pm

And I nearly forget this shirt too, which was added to my collection on 19 April 2011, right before my honeymoon trip started.

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC08LAP
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC08LAP-a
Liverpool Legends 2008 Shropshire Tour Match Player Shirt

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC08LAPC
The match was played between Liverpool Legends and Manchester United Legends at Ludlow Town F.C.

And number 10 Charnock is.....

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Player_charnock

Phil Charnock
Birthdate: 14.02.1975
Birthplace: Southport England
Other clubs: Blackpool (loan), Crewe, Port Vale, Bury, Linfield, Ballymena United, Fleetwood Town, Leigh RMI, Mossley
Bought from: Local
Signed for LFC: 0 16.03.1992 (signed as professional)

Liverpool debut: 16.09.1992
Last appearance: 22.09.1992
Contract expiry: 06.12.1996
LFC league games/goals: 0 / 0
Total LFC games/goals: 2 / 0

Phil Charnock became a record holder when he made his debut for Liverpool against Apollon Limassol on the 16th of September 1992. He was the club's youngest player to ever appear in a European match, aged 17 years and 7 months. Jamie Redknapp's record was literally history, a record he had broken approximately a year earlier.

Phil added only one League cup appearance to his debut appearance in the Cup Winners' cup before he had a brief loan spell at Blackpool in 1996. Shortly afterwards he joined Crewe Alexandra, where he finally had the opportunity to be a first-team regular. Although often injured during his six years at Gresty Road, Charnock made over 150 Football League appearances for the Cheshire club, scoring 8 times, before he joined Port Vale in 2002. After a single season in the Potteries, Phil briefly played for Bury before deciding to try his luck in Northern Ireland, firstly with Linfield and then later with Ballymena United. Unfortunately, the player's injury problems returned, particularly to his knee, and this caused him to miss a complete season while on Linfield's books.

In the summer of 2006, Phil Charnock returned to England to sign for Fleetwood Town. A year later he moved to another north-west club, Conference North team Leign RMI and in 2008 he was yet on the move again, this time to Mossley.
Back to top Go down
http://www.LiverpoolKits.com
qspn
Malaysian Jersey Collector
qspn

Male
Number of posts : 1118
Job/hobbies : Football
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 10:51 pm

Nice addition mate on the Suarez 7!
Back to top Go down
curator
curator

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:15 am

My latest additions this week involve two Reebok era prototype sample shirts, which were designed but at tne end abandoned. They were only manufactured for a very limited quantity for internal circulation purposes.

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC96PA
Liverpool 1996-1997 Prototype Away Shirt

The final chosn shirt was the following instead...
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC96AP

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC98PA
Liverpool 1998-1999 Prototype Away Shirt

The final chosn shirt was the following instead....
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC98AP

Back to top Go down
kewellrulez
kewellrulez

Male
Number of posts : 2147
Job/hobbies : soccer, futsal
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 3:35 pm

nice protoptype shirt! at least ure the 1st to get your hands on these rare specimen shirt Smile how many batches do they create for a single shirt I wonder.
Back to top Go down
hakka_jin

Male
Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:30 am

OMG!!!! those prototype liverpool shirts are amazing!!!
Back to top Go down
Bliss&Ecstasy
Bliss&Ecstasy

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 3:32 am

on man! what a huge collection there. damn envy! No
Back to top Go down
curator
curator

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 11:28 pm

Latest addition today.....

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC04AFPC
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC04AFPC2
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC04AFP
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC04AFP-a
Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC04AFP-b
Liverpool 2004 USA Tour Away Match Shirt of Sami Hyypia

Upcoming next week....

Liverpool 2010-2011 Third Black "Poppy" Match Shirt against Stoke City....stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
Bliss&Ecstasy
Bliss&Ecstasy

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 2:32 am

woo US Tour! another nice addition there Micheal!
Back to top Go down
sylus tung
Singaporean Jersey Collector
sylus tung

Male
Number of posts : 799
Humor : Wry
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:26 pm

this should be good! Clap

curator wrote:

Liverpool 2010-2011 Third Black "Poppy" Match Shirt against Stoke City....stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/theMerseyside
curator
curator

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:58 pm

Remembrance Day (also known as Poppy Day, Armistice Day or Veterans Day) is a memorial day observed in Commonwealth countries to remember the members of their armed forces who have died on duty since World War I.

Remembrance Day is observed on 11 November to recall the official end of World War I on that date in 1918, as the major hostilities of World War I were formally ended "at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month" of 1918 with the German signing of the Armistice.

The red remembrance poppy has become a familiar emblem of Remembrance Day due to the poem In Flanders Fields. These poppies bloomed across some of the worst battlefields of Flanders in World War I, their brilliant red colour an appropriate symbol for the blood spilt in the war.

Back to season 2009-2010, Liverpool was one of the few clubs (others included Manchester United and Bolton Wanderers) that refused to mark Remembrance Day by wearing poppies on their shirts. Such a decision was much critisized afterwards.

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPCAdditions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC2Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC3Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC4Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC5Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC6Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC7Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC8Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC9Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC10Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC11Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC12Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC13Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC14Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC15Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC16Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC17Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC18Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC19Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPPC20

Thus, in the season 2010-2011, Liverpool wore the third black kit with embroidered poppies against Stoke City on 13th November 2010 (Saturday) before signing and donating them to the Royal British Legion.

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPP
Liverpool 2010-2011 Third Match Shirt from "Poppy Day" on 13 November 2010

Stephen Darby was neither named in the starting lineup nor on the bench for this match, as he was on loan to Notts County with effect from 1 November 2010. Though this is so, the club had already prepared poppy match shirts for all squad players at an earlier time.

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 LFC10TPP-a
The "Poppy Day" third match shirt bears a special red poppy embroidery on the chest.
Back to top Go down
sylus tung
sylus tung

Male

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Is this from Colin @lfcshirtcollector? Smile
Back to top Go down
Mikeyb1987
British Jersey Collector
British Jersey Collector

Male
Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 8:25 pm

kewellrulez wrote:
nice protoptype shirt! at least ure the 1st to get your hands on these rare specimen shirt Smile how many batches do they create for a single shirt I wonder.

Usually only a handful of shirts. I do remember a batch of Man United 06/07 homes being sold on Subside with Vodafone on the front instead of AIG but they were in kids sizes so I suspect an early production run before the AIG deal was announced.
Back to top Go down
pyroboy1911
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
pyroboy1911

Male
Number of posts : 5291
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:22 pm

Mikeyb1987 wrote:

Usually only a handful of shirts. I do remember a batch of Man United 06/07 homes being sold on Subside with Vodafone on the front instead of AIG but they were in kids sizes so I suspect an early production run before the AIG deal was announced.

I actually had that in adults M. However the Man Utd shirts are confirmed design, just that its probably a change of sponsor happens after a production batch. The Liverpool ones are different designs, probably presented to the boards/managers etc before a selection was made.

Which got me thinking, how come we dont see a lot of these 'design' versions around? is it because it was mainly chosen from computer graphics image (instead of sample shirts) and only the chosen one gets to be produced, leaving the rejected ones not being made at all? or if a few sample shirts are made each time, then the rejected ones will be destroyed? Hmm
Back to top Go down
http://wtdaclub.blogspot.com
curator
curator

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:58 pm

sylus tung wrote:
Is this from Colin @lfcshirtcollector? Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 260279

Yes certainly. Apart from Colin, so far I have only known two other LFC black poppy match shirts - Carragher's one in hand of Arthur Milton, and a Kuyt match worn one was auctioned for EUR850.

I have also heard that weeks later, Royal British Legion may put the match shirts at ebay for charity auction weeks later. Let's see what will happen.
Back to top Go down
curator
curator

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:06 am

Due for arrival in two weeks time....

Liverpool 2010-2011 home / away / third long sleeved techfit Europa League match issued shirts. Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
sylus tung
sylus tung

Male

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:47 am

Surprised he didn't put a note next to the shirt as "SOLD" on his website unless he has > 1?

curator wrote:
sylus tung wrote:
Is this from Colin @lfcshirtcollector? Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 260279

Yes certainly. Apart from Colin, so far I have only known two other LFC black poppy match shirts - Carragher's one in hand of Arthur Milton, and a Kuyt match worn one was auctioned for EUR850.

I have also heard that weeks later, Royal British Legion may put the match shirts at ebay for charity auction weeks later. Let's see what will happen.
Back to top Go down
curator
curator

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:55 am

Good observation, I spot that too. Maybe it's worthwhile for you to ask him in case you are also interested to buy one? Tongue
Back to top Go down
Mikeyb1987
British Jersey Collector
British Jersey Collector

Male
Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:26 am

pyroboy1911 wrote:
Mikeyb1987 wrote:

I actually had that in adults M. However the Man Utd shirts are confirmed design, just that its probably a change of sponsor happens after a production batch. The Liverpool ones are different designs, probably presented to the boards/managers etc before a selection was made.

Which got me thinking, how come we dont see a lot of these 'design' versions around? is it because it was mainly chosen from computer graphics image (instead of sample shirts) and only the chosen one gets to be produced, leaving the rejected ones not being made at all? or if a few sample shirts are made each time, then the rejected ones will be destroyed? Hmm

I think they manufacture a handful for the selection process, I'd say prototypes are extremely rare pieces, but I suspect they keep them for future references (say you produce 2 equally good designs, you've potentially done the groundwork for next season's shirt)
Back to top Go down
sylus tung
sylus tung

Male

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:24 pm

I was thinking the same.
I'd find out! Laughing

curator wrote:
Good observation, I spot that too. Maybe it's worthwhile for you to ask him in case you are also interested to buy one? Tongue
Back to top Go down
kewellrulez
kewellrulez

Male
Number of posts : 2147
Job/hobbies : soccer, futsal
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 6:04 pm

sylus tung wrote:
I was thinking the same.
I'd find out! Laughing

curator wrote:

i questioned him, no replies so far Laughing
Back to top Go down
sylus tung
sylus tung

Male

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 6:18 pm

You're quick bro..!

kewellrulez wrote:

i questioned him, no replies so far Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum   Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Additions to the Liverpool Shirts Museum
Page 19 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next