Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

08-09 Uefa Champions League

Go down 
+39
aprilia_8080
akanesoma
slyyoung
oggy
LO79
loquenemy
treble_1999
redsuns
odieseven
qsp1985
revenent7
zaim
nicque_panda
saddizdd7
iswandi7
subpar
adamiqbal
faizulazlan
devil_nick87
chcher
kewellrulez
plokoon
acman
edward85
chuanlw
stilo10
pyroboy1911
ERIC5
Fyrekat
qspn
sylus tung
severus
slacker
aBs-
berserk
sakhratul
aw13
cantona
wongkwp
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
qsp1985
Malaysian Jersey Collector
qsp1985

Male
Number of posts : 5721
Job/hobbies : Football, music, movies
Registration date : 2008-04-29

08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:45 am

Man utd 2 Fc Porto 2
Rooney 15 Rodriguez 4
Tevez 85 Mariano 89

Villarreal 1 Arsenal 1
Senna 10 Adebayor 66

Man utd defend like shit man... so many holes... now they will have to go to porto and attack as they gave 2 away goals.... so stupid the last goal they concede sigh...duno why they take out evans. Hope he is not injured

Din watch arsenal game so cannto comment hahaa but good result for them anyways got thier away goal.
Back to top Go down
pyroboy1911
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)
pyroboy1911

Male
Number of posts : 5291
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:55 am

10 goals conceded in the last 4 matches...heck, even relegation battling teams probably dun get conceded so much in that amount of games Sad
Back to top Go down
http://wtdaclub.blogspot.com
odieseven
odieseven

Female
Number of posts : 1221
Job/hobbies : Ebay jersey watching
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:59 am

I agree...Rio & Vida has to reunite to provide stability to the defence imo
Back to top Go down
iswandi7
Singaporean Jersey Collector
iswandi7

Male
Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:21 am

United biggest weakness is definitely O'shea. Sometimes i wonder why is he still playing for us. Even Gary who is in his twilight can get in a better cross than him...heck, i think can even outrun him too. O'shea seems still stuck in slowmo mode

can someone please beat the hell out of Ronaldo for the umpteen times guilty of giving the ball away too easily and not tracking back...or are everyone under command not to be harsh to this pretty boy cos United afraid he might jump boat next season...?
Back to top Go down
redsuns
redsuns

Male
Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:14 am

iswandi7 wrote:
United biggest weakness is definitely O'shea. Sometimes i wonder why is he still playing for us. Even Gary who is in his twilight can get in a better cross than him...heck, i think can even outrun him too. O'shea seems still stuck in slowmo mode

can someone please beat the hell out of Ronaldo for the umpteen times guilty of giving the ball away too easily and not tracking back...or are everyone under command not to be harsh to this pretty boy cos United afraid he might jump boat next season...?

agree with u bro...I dun know y SAF still insists on playing o'shea...he n fails to give me a scare whenever he is in the defence..i tout nev is gonna sub him but instead it was evans!!

SAF..pls get a decent defender next season n sell o'shea!
Back to top Go down
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)
treble_1999

Male
Number of posts : 4539
Job/hobbies : Shirt collecting, music, all sports
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:39 am

Agreed, O'Shea is a waste of a jersey. Evans was taken off as he is injured. Now he is missing Saturdays game according to SAF. Hopefully we can get Rio and Vidic back together.
Still believe we should be more than capable of getting a result in Porto.
Back to top Go down
qsp1985
qsp1985

Male

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:03 pm

yeah o'shea looks like a lost sheep playing yesterday. hopefully Nev can get fitter b4 the porto game as he still looks rusty. but in attacking terms nev's crosses are very good indeed. Thats why during the becks era nev and becks are so formidable on the right. i still think SAF should have started with tevez & rooney. 1 striker is allite bit difficult to play. I think ronaldo needs roykeane to give him a lesson, the last time it wase keane who smack some sense in to the kid for falling to easily. looks like he has forgotten the lesson.
Back to top Go down
revenent7
revenent7

Male
Number of posts : 261
Job/hobbies : watching & reading about football, especially M.U
Humor : once a red, alwayz a red :)
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:04 pm

pity rio & brown or rafael r still injured...

united have 1 of the best defences around if those 2 / 3 r playing instead of neville & o'shea
Back to top Go down
saddizdd7
saddizdd7

Male
Number of posts : 503
Job/hobbies : love collecting football shirts
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:20 pm

from my view,the disaster begins from man utd poor passing....then a lot of miss judge by the defends,van der sar doing well but he also cant 100% save all the ball...porto have quite good tempo and if man utd cant catch up it...a more disaster will wait man utd fans in second leg,
Back to top Go down
http://my-fjc.friendhood.net/
iswandi7
iswandi7

Male

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:12 pm

yup, Evans didn't look that comfortable during the match. Was cheering silently when Gary was gonna be subbed in cos also thought O'shea was the one going out but instead...haiz

just BRING BACK RAFAEL and we are good to go...or most probably FABIO will do a more than decent job on the right back as compared to O"calamity"shea...not to be too judgmental but seriously, he is ought to be plying his trade for a relegation battle coca-cola teams instead...

Gary's crosses is like a replica of Becks, only without those outswinging arms that Becks does always...pin point with pace. But on the downside, his defending is now worse than Wes or even Rafael. Can't blame him, he has been a loyal player and one that often speaks up for United.
Back to top Go down
qsp1985
qsp1985

Male

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:34 pm

i think gax still can do well in defence... he only need to be fit.... a few months back i think when he had an extended run in the team he was acctually preety good....if he can stay injury free he would still be good.
Back to top Go down
edward85
edward85

Male
Number of posts : 1117
Job/hobbies : football,jersey,music,cd album.
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:13 pm

can't blame him for his poor form n performance..he miss whole 07/08 season n played only few minutes in UCL match...dat's his only game for last season...can't expect to perform so well straight after coming back from injury....poor gary~~~ Smile
Back to top Go down
qsp1985
qsp1985

Male

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:20 pm

yeah like the arsenal game zzzzz that was his worst performance man. but after that he was getting better and better.
Back to top Go down
subpar
subpar

Female
Number of posts : 447
Humor : British
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:47 pm

Gazza just came back from an injury lay-off, what do you expect? Give the man some time. I doubt he would've played that Villa game if the others ie. Brown and Rafael are fit. The guy's old and he's had an injury, cut him some slack.

Even Giggs and Scholes are hardly making a monumental impact everytime they come on. They come in to bolster up the young guys, give a little bit of experience to the side. Last season everyone was calling for Giggs to be dropped cos he wasn't making any impact, look at how he's playing this season.
Back to top Go down
iswandi7
iswandi7

Male

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:39 pm

wes hasn't played yet this season...no?

anyway, back to topic. Liverpool vs Chelsea...or Barca vs Bayern? Guus Hiddink have my support, have always like him as a manager. But i really do want United to meet Liverpool in the final if they do make it there. Praying hard man...!
Back to top Go down
qsp1985
qsp1985

Male

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:19 am

wes is injured unfortunately..... i kinda like him as a defender as he is quite solid when he play's alot, no nonsence defender.. although he has his "moment's" as well... at least he is better then o'shea man. Last season he was really really good.

it will be interesting to see how bayern will perform... they are the classic "yoyo" team 1 minute trashing ppl next getting trashed by unknown team.

I fancy liverpool to get a result here as they are really on form now.... but u will never know what hiddink can do to his team.... we all remember his korea and Australia and then Russia
Back to top Go down
iswandi7
iswandi7

Male

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:32 am

when there was only Wes and Gary around last time, Gary was always ahead in the pecking order. Wes have always had that daze face/attitude, so to put him in centreback was always a gamble. So many times have he disappointed us when entrust in that position.

But last season with him replacing Gary on rightback was his somewhat breakthu season. Unlucky for him to be injured for so long when this opportunity came. Too bad with Rafael around now, he again needs to step up and be counted. Use his experience against Rafael awesome attacking wingback style.

regaridng Guus Hiddink, i really hope Russia won't make it to the world cup. The BPL is quite dull with the same managers pitting against themselves season after season now that the "Special One" have gone.
Back to top Go down
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)
treble_1999

Male

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:46 am

iswandi7 wrote:
wes hasn't played yet this season...no?

anyway, back to topic. Liverpool vs Chelsea...or Barca vs Bayern? Guus Hiddink have my support, have always like him as a manager. But i really do want United to meet Liverpool in the final if they do make it there. Praying hard man...!

Wes has made about a dozen apperances this season. Shame though as he would have been very handy to have with the current injury and suspension problems. Did very well last season in place of Neville
Back to top Go down
qsp1985
qsp1985

Male

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:56 am

yeah he did improve his game alot last season... especially his crossing. i guess it just down to how frequent he gets to play. Its hard to improve without proper matches to play in. We could also use Hargreaves now with the midfield underperforming
Back to top Go down
qsp1985
qsp1985

Male

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:21 pm

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 3

Barcelona 4 Bayern Munich 0

Definately game over for Bayern munich but very very hard trip for liverpool to qualify after this result. Going to Stamford bridge with 3 away goals seems a little to far fetch. But again liverpool smack Madrid nicely and came back from 3-0 down againts milan.
Back to top Go down
kewellrulez
kewellrulez

Male
Number of posts : 2147
Job/hobbies : soccer, futsal
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:36 pm

qsp1985 wrote:
Liverpool 1 Chelsea 3

Barcelona 4 Bayern Munich 0

Definately game over for Bayern munich but very very hard trip for liverpool to qualify after this result. Going to Stamford bridge with 3 away goals seems a little to far fetch. But again liverpool smack Madrid nicely and came back from 3-0 down againts milan.

poor poor performance for liverpool but on the other hand, great performance for chelsea.. id say finalist barca has booked a spot. nou camp is strong for them.. 4-0 trashing ..gosh afraid
Back to top Go down
berserk
berserk

Male
Number of posts : 1229
Job/hobbies : a few
Humor : acerbic
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:46 pm

Getting out of the UCL means more rest for EPL & right now no 19 is more important then no 7. Just hope it doesnt dent confidence when playing EPL matches.
Back to top Go down
sakhratul
sakhratul

Male
Number of posts : 1638
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:26 pm

luckily terry will be out of the 2nd leg.. but it will still be a mountain to climb for liverpool.. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sakhratul/
qsp1985
qsp1985

Male

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:51 pm

yeah the plus is no terry but still got carvalho
Back to top Go down
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)
treble_1999

Male

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 5:56 pm

Is it just me that thinks that everytime Benitez opens up his mouth and has a pointless rant at SAF like before the Chelsea game they go into self destruct mode. After he did it earlier in year Liverpool went on a terrible run and now this result against Chelsea.....
Maybe he should keep quiet and leave the mind games to the master Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 08-09 Uefa Champions League   08-09 Uefa Champions League - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

08-09 Uefa Champions League
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next